MLK Car Design
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Within a quarter

Go down

Within a quarter Empty Within a quarter

Post  bincher Sat May 07, 2011 9:39 pm

Within a quarter

Within a quarter of an hour after we left the whajf, making a sweep downwards in order to take a large brig in tow from her moorings in the stream.This chance and the correspondent delay, afforded us an opportunity of viewing the city from various points. The night was lovely, and the deep shadows of the towering mountain, with each salient angle made bright by the silver moon, formed a picture altogether enchanting.The ruins of the Chateau, with the rays of bright light streaming through its open roof and many windows over the blackened broken walls, became, however, my chief object of admiration.I trust the good citizens of Quebec, having been afforded this opportunity, will erect a prle here worthy the site ; a castellated building weuld perhaps be the style best adapted to this, and would come well in with the river line of defence, whose strong curtain runs parallel with the terrace, from which the windows of the Chateau lo$k perpendicularly upon the streets two hundred feet below.At Wolfe's Cove we approached close under the wooded heights, where we took in tow a second brig; then MBT Shoes sheering out, began painfully to ascend the current with a dead headbreeze, and having these monsters yawing about on each quarter.Our Titan steamer groaned, and heaved, and strained, as though but sulkily submitting to this added charge, and doing the master's work, in the spirit of Caliban, under the spell of a higher intelligence.Tuesday, th.Find that during the night our progress continued painfully slow ; indeed, only that the wind lulled, MBT we could not have stemmed the rapids ; but when above the Richelieu we made better way, arriving at Trois Rivieres MBT Trainers about noon, with a fine fair breeze blowing up the stream.The brigs were here cast loose to make the best of their way whilst we took in a supply of wood. Meantime, Captain Ws and I took a stroll about thetown, which in itself is pretty, and agreeably situated. All this day the breeze continued favourable, and consequently our pace was tolerable. How long we should have been with a headwind, it is impossible to say.Wednesday, A.I was this morning on deck by four a. m., and was well repaid for my MBT Shoes Sale early rising.

bincher

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum