MLK Car Design
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the blazethe blaze

Go down

the blazethe blaze Empty the blazethe blaze

Post  bincher Sat May 07, 2011 9:35 pm

the blazeHelen's the blaze of a portfire arrestea my attention; MBT the flash of the gun instantly succeeded, whilst amidst its prolonged echoes rose the contending notes of drum and bugle. It was just nine o'clock; in a few moments all was again calm and still, the last spire of Montreal quickly retreated in the shades of night, and the low banks of the St. Lawrence stretched away far and wide before us.After a couple of hours' walk on deck, where two or three ladies and gentlemen were promenading with the quick, active step that at once proclaimed them English, I felt sufficiently wearied by some eighteen hours actively passed on foot or in saddle, to calculate on sound sleep.About midnight a devil of a row awakened me; I listened, and heard a rush Overhead like a burst of cavalry, the trampling of horses, the yelling of dogs, together with the loud voices of many men in high contention. What the mischief can have come to us? thinks I.A stray waiter, whom I discovered discoursin' a friend in the pantry, was at last made sensible of my calls, and from this youth I quickly learned our whereabout.We were lying at Sorrel, the country residence MBT Trainers of the Governor, Lord Aylmer; and the noise was occasioned by the shipping of his lordship's stud MBT Shoes Sale for Quebec, whither the family had removed from this summer abode, to await and receive the commission about to supersede him in his high office.Finding that the din was not occasioned by an MBT Shoes infall of the aborigines, but was only a peaceful taking in of freight, I dismissed my waiter to his friend and pantry, and "addressed me again to sleep."Sunday, th.About noon arrived at Trots ZZivieres, a very pretty little town, which, being Sunday, was thronged with the rural population of the vicinity attending church.Numbers of these persons were pacing along the riverbank upon sturdy little ponies, and in the harbour were many bateaux filling with them, before recrossing the St Lawrence: their dress was invariably neat and picturesque, and their physiognomy, though somewhat heavy, was gentle and pleasing. These bateaux were shaded with the branches of trees, and decorated with wild flowers, and when moving off with their freight had quite an Arcadian appearance.

bincher

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum